Friday, February 15, 2019

Sarissa townhouses

Although I've been rather prudent this year in my hobby purchases, I did break down once in early January while perusing the Sarissa website. These are two separate kits: the corner townhouse and the linear version. These are quite lovely and go together with ease (although the upper story of the corner building requires some forethought). As with all laser-cut mdf kits, the fitting tabs show quite clearly in the walls and the roofs. With this model I decided to not plaster the walls and simply use wood filler to patch the fitting tabs. The roofs received my usual covering of Warbases laser-cut roofing tiles.


Both buildings have been mounted on 3mm mdf to match the rest of the collection (and provide some protection when storing and transporting). 

The backyard piece is a separate kit and was the only disappointment in this purchase. The base has some lovely laser-etched flagstones but the kit comes with cardstock walls with laser-etched brickwork. These walls proved to be finicky to put together and ended up too thin for my taste. No matter, I replaced the walls with 3mm mdf and scratch-built some gates with card and balsa.

The finished product, fully based with front walks of plastic tiling and lower brickwork from brick-textured paper. The yellow daffodils were added as a final touch.


 I decided to add a Warbases greenhouse to one of the backyards to add some variety (and to cover a few mistakes I made with the base) and a few posters to break up the large wall space.


No comments:

Post a Comment