Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Wars of the Roses: mounted knights (1) and stake defences

My Xmas present arrived recently from Front Rank in the form of enough figures for two units of mounted knights and one of light horse. I decided to start off with the daunting task of painting the first unit of mounted knights. Painting cavalry is not my favourite part of the hobby but luckily my quest to continue on this project using primarily GW contrast paints was helpful.


Mounted knights with various weapons (Front Rank figures).
I painted a few of the helmets in various colours, although probably a few too many (but who really knows how prevalent this was at the time?).

In the recent Front Rank order, I also included some archers at work on their stake defences and some casualty figures. From these, I created three stake defence stands with various figures pounding in and sharpening stakes  with an occasional casualty scattered about. The stakes are shishkebob skewers drilled and glued into spare sabot base bottoms with the usual ground covering.




1 comment:

  1. A really nice idea to put some figures on the stake base itself.

    ReplyDelete