Friday, April 1, 2016

Q1 2016 points total

I discovered the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge too late to join (maybe next year). But I decided to assess my painting/collecting output over the last couple of years and into Q1 of 2016, according to the point schedule from AHPC.

28mm foot figure = 5 pts
28mm mounted figure, artillery piece or crew served weapon = 10 pts
28mm vehicle = 20 pts (for my purposes, I've changed this to 20 pts from 15pts... vehicles deserve more, in my opnion)

I'm happy to report that my Q1 painting output has already exceed all of last year's. 


The red line represents the total points value of all additions to my collections, from my own hand and others via commissions. The blue line represents my own personal output.
(these metrics do not include the many vehicles added to the 28mm WWII collection)

Because a good portion of my job involves working with excel spreadsheets, I thought I'd take my professional knowledge and apply it to my hobby. Thus, I've put together a sheet that auto-tracks my painting output by genre and army/force. It's quite satisfying, when I've finished a new unit, to go to sheet and see the numbers increase. But that's just me... I'm a bit of a metrics nerd :) 

So far, the sheet covers only the three largest collections.


And a screenshot from one of the individual worksheets that tracks planned v. painted figures (amongst various other stats).



No comments:

Post a Comment