Friday, November 6, 2020

Wars of the Roses: Irish & other bits & pieces

Earlier this week, I received my order from Antediluvian Miniatures to flesh out my Irish contingent. I have high praise for AM... ordering to receipt, just over two weeks from the UK! Besides the AM figures, I have the previously-completed Gripping Beast kern and another 12 gallóglaich from Crusader Miniatures (currently on the painting table).


Irish Gallóglaich from Antediluvian Miniatures.
These are lovely figures though somewhat slimmer than Front Rank. This presents no issues as they will be in their own units and, in fact, their own retinue. In Never Mind the Billhooks, gallóglaich (often seen as "gallowglas")  fight as men-at-arms (i.e. with nasty weapons) but save as billmen (i.e. medium-ish armour).


Bow-armed kern from Antediluvian Miniatures.


Irish command from Antediluvian Miniatures... 
currently flag-less but standards on their way from Pete's Flags.

The Irish contingent/retinue so far... with Gripping Beast kern with pointy sticks.


Front Ranks four-wheeled wagon... 
not an in-game combat unit (obviously) but a nice piece of colour for the table.


Front Rank two-wheeled wagon. 
I've added a pile of hay cropped from a floor mat and glued to an appropriately-sized block of blue foam.


I whipped up a couple of "field defences" out of various bits & pieces over blue foam mounted on a spare mdf unit base.


Never Mind the Billhooks has a special event called "hidden ditch." Using another spare mdf unit stand, I added low level blue foam banks and some gloss varnish for the water effect. I deliberately kept this simple and relatively clutter-free.



No comments:

Post a Comment