Wednesday, April 1, 2020

FIW & War of 1812 scatter terrain

While waiting for my new FIW figures to arrive from Northstar, I decided to knock together a couple of scatter terrain pieces.



Some scrap pieces of balsa produced a small herb/vegetable garden and pig sty, suitably distressed and frontier-like. The cattle and pigs are from Eureka, picked up at Fall In! 2019.





The pigs are, of course, mounted separately for use elsewhere on the farm and for looting and plundering, if necessary.



I also took the opportunity to tart up my old wooden fence pieces. These have been around for at least 10 years and needed an update of their ground colour to match the newer terrain pieces. These were mounted on floor tiles and thus I couldn't chamfer the edges or round the corners but the new colours and foliage make a nice difference. I just need to get around to making more (only six feet here).


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I will come back to these shots for some reference. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on these terrain pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic table pieces, must steal some of your ideas

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent items and beautifully painted!
    You did great job on wood parts and the vegetation is very realistic!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete