Wednesday, June 3, 2020

something new, you say? a little trip into the desert

As Vidal over the years has frequently indulged my various gaming whims, I thought I'd jump on board one of his projects, at least in a limited way. And no, this is not the start of another new project for me...no, really! Vidal has been beavering away at a colonial Sudan project and has made some significant progress but it seemed he would need some bolstering of the Madhist forces. I thus ordered a box of Perry plastics and began to add to his growing horde. It's all too true that I'm not a fan at all of plastics (too fiddly and time-consuming) but I persevered and assembled the box (shy of a few models) and came up with a few units.

Two 12-figure groups of spear and sword-armed warriors, one 6-figure group of riflemen, and two leaders. Flags are scanned and home-printed versions of the ones in the Perry instructional pamphlet.

Two leaders (or Big Men).

Bija tribesmen (or "fuzzy-wuzzies"). 
I opted for the simpler tribal option of undecorated robes, although I did decorate a couple of the hems.

Kordofani tribesmen.

Kordofani riflemen.
This will be a standard 6-figure skirmish unit for Sharp Practice (if that is indeed the ruleset of choice).


No comments:

Post a Comment