Wednesday, January 27, 2021

ImagiNations: Nordstrum 2. Brigade complete!

After my most productive hobby year ever in 2020 (6071 AHPC points, 781 28mm figures and various terrain pieces), I've spent the last month or so humming and hawing about what to do in 2021. I could start a new project... the anticipation, window-shopping and research are always an inspiration boost. A Dark Ages/Early Medieval project is calling to me... Saxons, Normans and Vikings for 1066ish? Or maybe a new force for Sharp Practice... Spaniards for the Peninsular collection... or maybe Prussians (Front Rank has some lovely new sculpts)? But during the current apocalypse, I've already created and completed two entire projects from start to finish. My 28mm French & Indian Wars (220 figures) and the 28mm Wars of the Roses (330 figures) projects are, for all intents and purposes, complete and playable (figures and terrain). But that is the problem... "playable." The FIW has seen the table twice during pandemic breaks and the WotR only once for a trial of Never Mind the Billhooks. Do I need another project that I'll, frankly, have little time to put out on a table even when/if the apocalypse subsides?

While I've clearly been on the fence about a new project (and I've been close to pulling the trigger on figure orders many times in the last month), I have made the short-term decision to defer the decision... yes, waffling even in the decision. Rather than add a new project, I've opted to clean out some small additions to current projects I already have in the lead pile. Thus, I've completed the remainder of Michael's Nordstrum 2. Brigade for our ImagiNation collection. And up on the paint desk now are some War of 1812/Napoleonic additions (a whopping 20 figures total in the latter).

But for now... Nordstrum!

Infanteri Byberg
2. Brigade uniforms sport attractive yellow facings with the traditional coal-black tunics. 
(Front Rank figures)

Infanteri Brokkebjerg
This 2. Brigade unit was completed in June of 2020 (see here).
(Front Rank figures)

2. Jägare
(Front Rank figures)


Kavalleri Bybjerg
(Front Rank figures)

Artilleri Bybjerg
This 2. Brigade unit was also completed in June of 2020 (see here).
(Front Rank figures)

2. Brigade commander: Överstelöjtnant Valdemar Skoglund
(Front Rank figures)

Since the Nordstrum army has now mustered two entire brigades, it's time the army commander took the field as well:
Generalfeldmarschall Adolphus Lundgren


You can also see 1. Brigade here, finished and posted at Christmas 2018.

And for those interested, you can see Nordstrum in relation to its neighbours below (in the top-center of the map)...









No comments:

Post a Comment